sexta-feira, 26 de agosto de 2011

I am a pencil (André Deschamps)


I am a pencil
You hold me tight
With your rough hands
So I can write
My tale of love.

I am a pencil
Others regard
A mere utensil
But touch my eyes
The heart of the leaves.
That is my prize:
To leave my mark.

I’m just a pencil
Anxious to write
Something that might
The hearts ignite.
 I have no rubber
On the top of my head.
Even my doodles
Are meaningful.

Alas! I’m a pencil!
I’ m torn between
what has gone
and what’s yet to come
The more I write
the more of me I see
The more I write
The less of me is left.
The more I write
the more I need
Your sharpening.

Yea! I’m a pencil!
I have to move on
For fear that you
Would not hold me
Anymore, for fear
That you would leave
me, lonely, useless.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário